ZipperAgent Lead Management
- Account owners have the option of manually assigning incoming leads or having them routed to users via Lead Routing.
- To access Lead Routing:
Step 1: Select Admin from the Settings menu in the top right corner of the menu bar.
Step 2: Choose Lead Routing Settings, found under Account Settings in the top left of the page.
- When Lead Routing is activated from the Lead Assignment Settings page, inbound leads will be routed automatically and assigned according to the custom settings established.
General Lead Routing
- Leads can be routed to a specific individual(s), a defined group or everyone within the account.
- Leads can be manually reassigned, or they can be set to automatically reassign to a different agent if the lead is not contacted within the time parameters set in minutes, hours or days.
Step 1: Select if you want to route to individuals, groups, or everyone
Step 2: Prioritize users to organize the order for leads to be routed
- Exclusion hours and days can also be defined, where auto-reassignment will cease during specific time periods or days, such as overnight hours or weekends.
Step 1: Set the time until leads will be reassigned in minutes, hours, or days.
Step 2: Select the exclusion hours or days when lead routing will be paused (such as in the middle of the night or on Sundays)
- As leads are assigned and reassigned, agents are notified immediately through system notifications.
- A Notification List of Users can be identified for informational purposes each time a lead has been reassigned due to inactivity.
- Groups are used to organize agents according to the leads they may be assigned to, such as by price range, in Advanced Lead Routing.
- If a group list (agents) is modified, all general routing or advanced routing rules connected to that group will be updated automatically according to the changes.
Step 1: Click on Create Group
Step 2: Add the users you wish to include in the group
Advanced Lead Routing Rules
- This feature allows specific rules to be created for routing leads according to Price, Zip Code and/or Lead Source (like Zillow) to specific individuals or groups.
- If a lead does not qualify for any rules, then they will be placed in General Lead Routing.
Step 1: Name the new rule
Step 2: Specify the parameters of the rule such as specific lead sources, zip codes, or price range. You can create multiple rules.
- IMPORTANT: Incoming leads are evaluated against rules in the order listed within the Advanced Lead Routing Rules section. Therefore, thought and planning is required when setting and sequencing Advanced Rules.
- If a lead qualifies for a rule, it will route to an agent attached to that rule.
- The lead will not move past that rule to be evaluated against rules that follow. Meaning, if a lead qualifies for rule 1, they will be assigned. They will not move on to be evaluated against rule 2.
- Rules can easily be re-ordered by clicking the number assigned to it in the upper left corner.
- Incoming leads must pass each part of the rule's requirements to qualify for that rule. In other words, if a lead fails any part of the rule, they will not qualify for that rule.
- If a rule has a requirement like Price Range, and the lead has no known price range, they will fail that part of the rule, and therefore not qualify for the rule to be routed.
- If a rule only has a requirement for one aspect, such as Lead Source, then all leads with the correct source will be routed, regardless if they have price or zip code data.
- Rules with price range requirements (price min AND max):
- Incoming leads with a property price that falls within the specified range, will pass this part of the rule.
- Incoming leads with a price range, where either end of the range is within the specified price range, they will pass this part of the rule.
- Rules with only a price min OR a price max requirement:
- Incoming leads with only one price which is above the set minimum or below the set maximum, will pass this part of the rule.
- Incoming leads with a price range with either “end” above the set minimum or below the set maximum, will pass this part of the rule.
- Rules can be Deactivated and Reactivated at any time.